The queen of the mountains offers spectacular views over the Swiss alps and lakes. This fantastic round trip enables you to see a great part of Central Switzerland. You'll travel along lakes, through little villages and beautiful alpine scenery and we'll visit the old town of Lucerne.
On top of Mt. Rigi we've time, to do a small hike and have a typical Swiss lunch in one of the alpine restaurants.
Europe's oldest cogwheel train and a relaxing boat ride will bring us back to Lucerne. We'll stroll over the famous chapel bridge into the old town and visit the impressive lion monument.
- train ride to Arth-Goldau
- cogwheel train to mount Rigi
- optional hike
- cogwheel train to Vitznau
- relaxing boat ride to Lucerne
- city tour of Lucerne
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
- Meeting location: In your hotel in Lucerne
- End location: Railway station Lucerne
- Duration: 7 hours
Train, coghwheel trains, boat and walking
- Guide service (guiding, information, organisation)
- Guide's expenses (transportation, tickets)
- Your own tickets and food
I'll advise for the best ticket option.
A Recent Review of this tour
Nicole was simply amazing. She is friendly, intuitive and flexible for anybody looking to "learn the ropes" of Lucerne and area. We went to Mt Rigi and still had time for a tour of Lucerne' 0ld city. She will give you suggestions for your stay, places to see transportation suggestions and tips on how to avoid the crowds for a true Switzerland experience. Highly, highly recommend !